to make and is loaded with fiber and protein to help keep you full!
- 1 small bag (2 cups) split peas, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Sauté the vegetables in a little olive oil or coconut oil over medium heat until carrot is soft and the onion is translucent
2) Add the rinsed peas, broth, salt and pepper.
3) Mix thoroughly, turn to low and cover. Simmer for approximately one hour or more until thickened.
*Soup will thicken as it stands removed from heat so you can always add more broth if it gets too thick. It is done when the peas are soft and mushy
Makes 6 servings (2 cups each): 310 calories and 22g protein per serving