1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon chopped thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch glass or metal baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2) Put quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse/drain well.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Stir in spinach then pour mixture into prepared dish.
4) Cover tightly with foil then jiggle dish gently from side to side so that the quinoa settles on the bottom in an even layer.
5) Bake until just set, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle top evenly with cheese.
6) Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crisp, 10-15 minutes or more.
7) Set aside to let cool briefly, then slice and serve.