- 2 ripe bananas, mashed until smooth & creamy
- 1/3 cup peanut butter ~ creamy or chunky
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or your favorite)
1) Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix mashed banana & peanut butter until completely combined then add in the applesauce and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
2) Add in the oatmeal & nuts to the banana mixture & combine.
3) Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
4) Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into circles.
5) Bake cookies approx. 20-30 minutes or until golden brown & done. Remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
6) When cookies are completely cool, store in a covered container